Cedrus RB-530 & Presentation

Hi all

I am trying to get the Cedrus RB-530 working with Presentation. I have successfully installed the driver, the green light is on and the RB shows up fine in the Port setting, as a serial port device which I have named ‘CedrusRB530’. Testing there, I can see values associated with with each botton press and release so the device itself seems to be working fine.

When I add the port device in the Response setting it gives me buttons 0 to 255 to select from - I am selecting 5 buttons from 49(1) to 53(5) (presumably these correspond to the 5 buttons on the RB) but when I test none are showing up.

Looking at the Presentation help forum, there are various comments on ensuring that the ‘port protocol’ is correct. I am using settings that work fine for a different CedrusRB in our
lab (rate:19200, parity:none, data bits:8, stop bits:1)

are these also correct for Cedrus RB-530?

I have tried various things such as testing using a differt USB port, testing using a different
PC. I am running Windows XP

any help appreciated

Nuala

When I add the port device in the Response setting it gives me buttons 0 to 255 to select from - I am selecting 5 buttons from 49(1) to 53(5) (presumably these correspond to the 5 buttons on the RB) but when I test none are showing up.

This question implies that the response pad is in ASCII mode. Have you verified that you have the correct DIP switch settings? See this page on The Response Pad DIP Switches.