Variable delayed feedback

Hello,

I need to present feedback (simply “correct” or “incorrect”) after a variable delay following behavioral response from the subject. I have created two events for the feedback (an ISI and a “Text”). If I set a fixed time (e.g., 1000 ms) for this ISI, everything works properly but, when I try to set it as a variable the program seems to ignore the ISI and presents the text immediately after the behavioral response.

I would be very grateful if you can give me a way to solve this problem as the variable ISI before the feedback is fundamental for this experiment.

Jose L. Pardo-Vazquez

Can you please post your experiment as an Experiment Package? You can find this under the File menu within SuperLab.

Task attached

Please find attached the file with the task. The second delay is the one that is not working

Thanks,
Jose Pardo

EXP-03_Session02-03Registro.zip (40.2 KB)

We tested the ISI’s by setting the trial variable ISI durations for 1000, 2000 and 3,000 ms. We did this so that it’s noticeable during the experiment and it worked correctly. Please let us know if we should be looking for something else.

Not working

I am using Superlab 4.5 for Windows and I have used clearly different delays for testing. It didn’t work. Did you test the task in the Mac version of the program?

New test… still not working

Hello, I have tested the task again and, although it “works” (it does not crash), the feedback appears after the behavioral response after a fixed time (there is no variable delay). Of course I tried noticeable differences between the 3 levels of the variable but there is no difference in the delay.
Can you please send me the task exactly as you tested it?

Thanks

Your experiment was tested on a PC computer. I have attached the one we revised and tested.

Jose P. rev B.zip (39.6 KB)

I don’t know why, but the task is still not working

Hello,

I have tested the task once again using the zip you have attached. Feedback is presented immediately after the behavioral response with NO VARIABLE DELAY between the subject’s response and the text indicating the outcome of the response.

Thank you Jose. I see that we were looking in the wrong area of your experiment. Now, we were able to duplicate the issue and come to the conclusion that it is a bug within SuperLab. Unfortunately we do not have a work around or an ETA for when this issue will be fixed.

This issue has been fixed in SuperLab version 4.5.1.