PLATFORM: SuperLab 5.0.5 on Mac 10.12.2 Sierra
GOAL: I want to measure the DURATION of a vocal response
DIFFICULTY: SuperLab does not seem to be detecting Voice Off in the SV-1
- Selected SV-1 Voice Key as Input
- Created a VoiceOn Response
- Created a VoiceOff Response
- VoiceOn Response edited so that it maps onto Voice Key Pressed
- VoiceOn Response edited so that it maps onto Voice Key Released
- Unchecked Ignore the voice key release
- Checked Wait until the voice key is released
- Tried selecting each radio button in turn to see if this was the source of my problems, but it is not
- Input: End the event after a fixed time limit
- Input: UNchecked Delay feedback actions
- Correct Response: Set to VoiceOn (also tried setting to VoiceOff and to both VoiceOn and VoiceOff)
- Feedback: When response is VoiceOn: Start timer, Set trial's tag to VoiceOn When response is VoiceOff: Pause timer, Set trial's tag to VoiceOff
I am reliably detecting the VoiceOn event, but never the VoiceOff event. This, of course, makes measuring the DURATION of the voice event impossible. Curiously, neither trial tag – even that which I set for the detection of a VoiceOn response – is recorded in the data file.
To isolate the problem, I set the even parameters to present the trial until detection of a VoiceOff event. The trial never ended and I had to force-escape. This is what makes me think the problem is in detecting the voice-off event in SV-1.
Am I missing something?
Thanks for your time.