THE SET UP
My program contains a trial with the following events:
Event 1: Text, correct response is space bar
Event 2: Movie, no response can be made
Event 3: Text, correct response is string
Everything proceeds as planned , except event 1 flashes on the screen for a second just prior to event 3. :eek: Any ideas on what is causing this?
- In "Participant Input," I made sure to indicate that single-key responses are accepted only by events looking for single key responses (and string responses only by events looking for string responses).
- Events 1 and 3 are set to "end the event and move to the next one" only after receiving a correct response. Event 2 is sent to end immediately after the movie finishes playing.
- There are no stimulus lists involved.
- All events are set to erase the screen before proceeding.
- The trial is NOT set to randomize the events.