StimTacker Pin assign

Dear

Recently I bought StimTacker, and very satisfied.
I have a question regarding DB35 pin. I found that pin information about “Parallel port” and “Extra port” separately. But I was wondered that when if I use combining port gender (sorry I’m not sure what it is called, anyway it is for DB37 I/O), how the assigned pin addresses are changed? For example, when if I use #7 on the Parallel port or extra port, what is the output pin # of the DB37 connector?

Thanks.

Hello TaeHo,

We refer to the “combining port gender” as an EEG signal adapter. Its job is to convert the connector and the pin assignments from StimTracker’s dual DB25 connectors to one of six (currently) different EEG input connectors.

You didn’t mention which EEG data recording equipment you have. Of the models that we support, two use a DB37 like the one you have. Here are the links to their pin descriptions:

I hope this helps.

[QUOTE=Hisham;3938]Hello TaeHo,

We refer to the “combining port gender” as an EEG signal adapter. Its job is to convert the connector and the pin assignments from StimTracker’s dual DB25 connectors to one of six (currently) different EEG input connectors.

You didn’t mention which EEG data recording equipment you have. Of the models that we support, two use a DB37 like the one you have. Here are the links to their pin descriptions:

I hope this helps.[/QUOTE]
Oh thanks Hisham.
Actually, I wanted to send digital pulses to various devices using only Event Marker option (within a Event Editor). But the problem is “Parallel port” (or “Extra Port”) on the StimTracker can use only some of the EM channels. For instance, if i use parallel port, I can only use EM 0, EM1 and EM2 via superlab software. When if I use Extra port, I can only use EM5, EM6 and EM7. Am I right?

Furthermore, when if I tried to connect Extra port with extra cable, stimTracker is turned off. Why does this situation happen?

Correct: you can use only EM0 to EM2 on the parallel port connector, and the rest on the Extra Port connector. It sounds like you have a situation that would require a custom board.

StimTracker might be shutting off due to a short circuit or excessive current load.