We have an RB-840 that I’d like to use with a biosemi eeg setup. If we use a m-pod, I gather TTL will be sent for photo sensor or button press (as configured by Xidon?).
But we’ll lose the task PC LPT->biosemi receiver connection currently used for event specific triggers (e.g. left sided event vs right sided event). In it’s place, we would send USB event markers to RB-840 which would forward them onto the EEG recording via the m-pod+biosemi receiver.
- Is that roughly (usb->RB->mpod) correct?
- how are usb markers typically set for RB-x40? In python, I see set_digital_output_lines – is that the right place to look?
- If we need to set USB markers, are we restricted to running the response box in more advanced modes? (would be ideal to run as ASCII if m-pod is already handing precision timing for photo & buttons within the recording)
- otherwise, are there any hurtles to both watching for button pushes (check_for_keypress?) and simultaneously setting USB event markers?
- Our task event markers currently run 0-255. pin config screenshots look like we’d loose a bit for each button and photo sensor we want to uniquely identify. The biosemi receiver and stim channel are both 16-bit. Is m-pod/Xidon capable of allocating all 16-bits – can we keep our tasks’ current event marking scheme?
- esp for start and stop triggers and legacy tasks