Presentation time

Hi,

I’m doing an experiment with audio file. I know that I can save the response time of the participants, but I also need a list of the presentation time. Is it possible to get a list of the presentation time for each stimulus each time that I run the experiment ?

Thank you!

If the event has “Reset RT Timer” checked, within the Input tab, then the reaction times are measured based on the event onset. For example if the reaction time says “657”, then you know that the presentation happened 657 ms before.

1. When you say " For example if the reaction time says “657”, then you know that the presentation happened 657 ms before", does that mean that we also have the time since the beginning of the experiment (otherwise we can’t subtract 657 ms to obtain the presentation time)?

then:
2. Is it possible to run the experiment regardless of the answers given by the participants?
If so, is it by checking the option “…or a time limit, whichever happens first” given in the Input tab of an Event?

1. If we use audio files that are presented randomly (sometimes to left ear, sometimes to right ear), is it possible to present background noise simultaneously in both ears (if noise is another audio file) ?
  1. The 657 ms time means that the reaction happened 657 ms after the trial began. Or if “Reset RT timer” is used, then it means the reaction happened 657 ms after the event began.

2. Yes, this will definitely work in SuperLab.

3. You can do this by having the first audio event set to “End immediately after the event is presented” under the Input tab. The second audio clip that follows in the next event will start playing approximately at the same time.

Thank you, we will try this!

I still wonder about something : if the 657 ms time means that the reaction happened 657 ms after the trial began, do we also have a list of the presentation time ?
We need both ( the reaction time AND the presentation time).

The RT Timer is always reset at the onset of the first event of the trial. It is additionally reset for those events that have the “Reset RT Timer” checked.

SuperLab does not store presentation times, but using the cumulative time will be helpful. If you go under the Experiment, then Options, and Columns to Save, you can select the “Cumulative time” checkbox.