output file columns don't line up

When I open an output (.txt) from Superlab the column name for the codes I created do not line up. The code numbers are shifted three colums to the right of the code names. I’ve attached a sample file. Please help.

david 8.txt (805 Bytes)

Tab delimited

I think you’ll find that the SL4 log files are tab delimited. Try opening it in, e.g., Excel.

Greg Shenaut

I used excel to open it. The columns are shifted.

Is this what you see?

The attachment is a screen clipping of what I see when I open the file in Excel. Are the columns shifted in the clipping?

Cheers,

Greg Shenaut

david-8-clipping.jpg

Greg, you are missing the last few columns in the screen shot, and they were shifted when I opened it myself.

To the original poster: Would it be possible to get a copy of the experiment? We’ve fixed numerous internal issues with code values since 4.0.2 shipped. I would like to see if we’ve already fixed your issue, and if not, add it to the list of things to do.

Ah, sorry. I didn’t try hard enough to see the problem. Now I need to go back and look at some of my own datafiles.

Greg

Yes, I can send the file, but how?

Issue Fixed

The problem with the code value columns being shifted was not in 4.0.2 but was present in some of the interim releases between 4.0.2 and 4.0.3. Thank you for bringing it to our attention!

Yesterday, we released SuperLab 4.0.3 which fixes this issue if you are still using an interim release.