Macintosh

There are some issues where SuperLab does not conform to Macintosh behaviour, or protocols.
This causes problems for Macintosh users when the programme does not behave as expected.

Issues identified so far:

1. Tab Key
    Whilst the tab key works for the three main areas on the main experiment page,
    it does not allow you to tab through fields throughout the rest of the programme
    this is very slow and requires much more mouse action

2. Undo
    The undo command does not work
    so when you accidently delete something, say a word in a stimulus list, it’s gone forever and requires re-entering

3. Re-ordering
    is an important feature in the programme and works well, but it is not available in stimulus lists

4. Duplicate
    There’s no duplicate command, this would be such a time-saving feature when producing stimulus lists that are similar but different

5. Delete icon (X)
    is greyed out, even though it works, in event editor

6. Screen dimming
    in long stimulus lists the screen dims as energy saver kicks in.
    I know I can turn this off permanently in the Mac preferences, but other programmes for TV, films etc. stop this from happening. You should programme the app so it does not dim the screen when presenting stimuli

thanks for a great programme, I LOVE SuperLab!
Jonathan

1. Which version are you using? 4.0.7b is the latest. What version of OS X are you using?

2. Specifically where does it not allow you to tab through fields? The only thing I’m noticing is that the Tab bars are not selected, but all other controls are.

3. Known issue. Will not be implemented in 4.x.

4. This is available, but not via drag-n-drop. This includes stimulus lists.

5. There isn’t a duplicate command, but this functionality is available through copy and paste–at least for blocks, trials, and events.

6. I haven’t been able to figure out what you mean here. Everything looks fine to me.

7. This used to work fine. We didn’t even have to do anything… it just worked. I remember testing this a long time ago. What version of OS X are you using? What version of SuperLab? Is this a new issue or has it always been an issue?