How to present delayed audio feedback while continuously presenting a series of visual stimuli

Hi, all.

I would like to present an audio file 250 ms after the button is pressed while continuously presenting a series of stimuli at one location in their visual field (RSVP).

I set up in the Event Editor’s Feedback tab as follows; if response is correct, present event “250 ms ISI” and present event the audio file.
Unfortunately, this setting didn’t work: it stopped presenting visual stimuli.

It would be great if someone could tell me how to solve this problem.

Thank you in advance.

Without seeing the experiment, one approach would be to modify the sound file to have it include 250ms of silence. This way, your feedback can present the event / audio file and resume presenting visual stimuli right away.

Dear Hisham,

Thank you very much for all your assistance.
I will try it.

By using the same approach, can I send trigger signals (event codes) to Biopac through the stimtracker while continuously presenting a series of visual stimuli?

Yes, you can still send triggers to Biopac via StimTracker.

• If you are sending them as event codes to describe a trial or a participant response, using an event of type Digital Output in SuperLab is fine.

• If you want to mark the precise onset of the sound, then it’s better to let StimTracker do it in hardware; see Marking Onset of Auditory Stimuli.