How get stimuli into data file?

I’m using stimulus lists to present math problems (like 7 +11). There are 520 randomized trials, broken up halfway with a break. I figured I’d just compute the correct answer later in SPSS, since SuperLab won’t import the excel file. But the problem is how to export the trial stimulus to the output data file - I can’t compute an answer if there is no trial stimuli in the file. There are multiple conditions for each problem (presentation order, operation, problem size etc. - again, those are all in the excel stimulus file, but it will take a long time to code them all in).

Please help - how do I get the stimulus into the data file for each trial?

SuperLab cannot import an Excel spreadsheet but you have two ways to import the data: you can copy the data in Excel and paste it in the Stimulus List Editor, or you can save a version of the file that contains a single column and then click on the Import button in the Stimulus List Editor.

Not quite

Sorry, I wasn’t clear enough - I’m asking how the stimulus can get into the OUTPUT DATA FILE after the program is run. I did paste the excel items into the stimulus list - so the math problems are now strings, like “2 + 2”. 500 of them. The items from the stimulus list that are displayed for each trial only end up in the output file at the end of another string. Is there a way to trigger them to EXPORT into the data file for each subject in their own column? Because in order to get at them and compute the answer, I’m going to have to do a lot of parsing with string functions in SPSS.

There is no way to directly save the stimulus list item as a column by itself, but there is a way to make that information show up nevertheless. In the screen snapshot below, I created an experiment that contains a stimulus list with three math problems:

2 + 2
4 + 4
8 + 8

Then I created an event that uses that stimulus list, then clicked on the Experiment menu and selected Expand Events That Use Lists. This opens a new window that shows you exactly what will happen when you run the experiment. Notice how the expanded experiment has three events and how each event contains the stimulus list item, e.g. “event (3, 8 + 8)”. It shouldn’t be too difficult to extract the list item / math problem from that name.