glitch in prog. or my own errors?

i just set up an exp where a text and audio event display simultaneously and “z” or “/” are designated as correct responses.

when i run the exp, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. it presents my events as i want them to, and for the first one or two trials, pressing “z” or “/” works just fine. after that, though, it doesn’t seem to recognize my input and i have to end the experiment.

is this some mistake i’ve made in set-up, or is this a malfunction in the program itself?

[QUOTE=olive_morphia;2250]i just set up an exp where a text and audio event display simultaneously and “z” or “/” are designated as correct responses.

when i run the exp, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. it presents my events as i want them to, and for the first one or two trials, pressing “z” or “/” works just fine. after that, though, it doesn’t seem to recognize my input and i have to end the experiment.

is this some mistake i’ve made in set-up, or is this a malfunction in the program itself?[/QUOTE]
Hi,

I am having the same problem. Also, sometimes the wav file does not play until 3 trials later. I have tried to choose the “sound file” instead of “audio file” but then the program crashes.
How can we correct this?
-Stephanie

If you’re randomizing, have you randomized the events in the trial, or the trials in the block? If you have randomized the events in the trial (by opening a particular trial and checking the “randomize events in this trial” box), your trials will not be presented in the correct order, which will create major problems if only one event screen allows for input (particularly if you are keeping some events hidden to present multiple events simultaneously). If this is the case, uncheck “randomize events in this trial.”

Opening the block to which the trials are linked and choosing “randomize trials in this block” will randomize your individual trials while presenting the events in the proper order. This is true even if you are using stimulus lists. The stimuli in the lists will be presented randomly, but always in the correct event sequence order.