Experiment crashing repeatedly

One of my experiments is crashing repeatedly with no error message. It loads okay and runs okay, but when I try to edit anything, it immediately crashes. I’m using Superlab 4.0.3c. HELP!

Are you running on a Mac or a PC? Does it crash when you edit an event? a trial? a block? when you open the participant input dialog? Have you tried more than one thing or just the same thing multiple times?

Do you mind sending us the experiment itself? Considering the situation, we shouldn’t need any of the stimulus files.

[QUOTE=Hank;794]Are you running on a Mac or a PC? Does it crash when you edit an event? a trial? a block? when you open the participant input dialog? Have you tried more than one thing or just the same thing multiple times?

Do you mind sending us the experiment itself? Considering the situation, we shouldn’t need any of the stimulus files.[/QUOTE]
Okay, let me know what email address to send it too.

Found the Bug

Hi Kris,

I found what the problem is and have a temporary work around for you. You have two codes in your experiment: Valence and Type. Valence is marked as being used with trials whereas the second one is for use with events/stim list items.

However, when I edit the even “Joy” and step through the programming code to see what’s going on, SuperLab is looking for the code Valence, not Type, even though Valence is meant for trials only. My best guess is that you have used code Valence as the basis of defining correct responses in the past and then switched it from being used with events to being used with trials. SuperLab should have alerted you and severed the links but it did not.

I’ll see what I can do to fix this. Meanwhile, you can get your experiment back by editing the Valence code and set it for use with “events or stimulus list items”. I saw in your experiment that are using it with trials, but you’ll need to create another code for that purpose (or, edit all events that use code Valence and modify them so that they stop using it, then switch code Valence back to use with trials).

I’m sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused. We’ll fix the bug ASAP.

Cheers,

Hisham.