Difficulties running experiment

Hi,

I have programmed the Stroop task on my PC using superlab 4.5 but it is being very temperamental when I run it (please see attached). On some occasions the experiement runs through the first set of instructions and task and then becomes stuck at the second set of instructions. On other occasions the experiment does not run past the first set of instructions.

I have programmed it so the event moves on to the next event after any response from the participant. I have deleted the event, trial and block of ‘instructions’ that the expermient tends to freeze on however this has made no difference when I run the experiment as it then freezes on the event before.

I have checked and double checked but cannot seem to find a solution to the problem especially as it runs smoothly on some occasions but not others. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Kajal

stroop.sl4 (124 KB)

The background of your experiment is black and your font is black. Due to this, at first it seemed your experiment was “stuck” on one event. However, it was actually running but I could not tell because it was black text on a black background. Do you think this can be your issue?

Thank you for getting back to me. I don’t think this is the problem as I have programmed it so the text is white on a black background. And I can see the text on screen but it won’t allow me to move on to the next event.

Many thanks

Hi,

I am still having difficulties running my experiment, do you know of any other possible solutions? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kaj

The experiment you posted seems to be different then the one your describing, since it has a black background and black font. Do you have a more recent version you can post?

Also, what operating system are you using (XP, Windows 7)? Are you using the latest version of SuperLab, SuperLab 4.5.3?

Thank you for your reply. I seemed to have solved the problem I was experiencing.

Many thanks
Kaj