clueless but trying!

Hello, I’m a university student who has not used superlab before and I only have access to the brief manual. I have read that it is possible to get particpants to make duration estimates in the latest version, but I cannot work out how!

I am doing an experiment that involves participants looking at stimuli that belong to one of 2 categories for durations of 400ms, 800ms and 1600ms. Following the presentation of a stimuli I would like them to estimate its duration.

So far I have managed to upload stimuli, get them to appear in a random order and for the next stimuli to appear upon a mouse click.

I know I have a lot of learning to do but any help would be appreciated.

I have a supervisor, but he knows nothing about superlab and has written his own programme, the problem is I will have to wait until January to use his version because he is ‘too busy’ to help me and I’m on a strict deadline!

Thanks for reading and for any help you can give me!
Sarah.

Hi Sarah,

It seems like you’ve done quite a lot already. Are you trying to ask the participant for two or three different durations? (you mentioned three, 400, 800, and 1600ms but said two categories). How is the participant responding, i.e. mouse click, keyboard? Are you presenting any feedback afterwards?

Hisham.