Change Blindness Problem

Hello,

I am trying to build a simple Change Blindness experiment in which the focal point of change will be facial expressions. However, when I try to set up the experiment the trials never seem to go in order!

I wish to present:

UnchangedPhoto
GreyMask
ChangedPhoto
GreyMask
etc…

But when I run the experiment it goes in that order for about two iterations and then it just plays them back randomly. However, when I change the stimulus to just text it works fine. I’m sure I am doing something incorrectly but I would be very grateful for any help!

• David

Change Blindness.zip (1.54 MB)

I downloaded the experiment. Is it the same one that you are describing? It has only a single trial. Also, the structure of the trial should include a second grey mask. Currently, you have only

UnchangedPhoto
GreyMask
ChangedPhoto

It needs to be more like

UnchangedPhoto
GreyMask 1
ChangedPhoto
GreyMask 2

Side note: you are using SuperLab 5.0.2. I recommend that you get the latest version 5.0.4 which fixes the unwanted black border bug that you described a few months ago. Thank you for reporting that bug.

I will upgrade ASAP! I will include the second grey mask trial. I had the experiment set to repeat 10 times but I may have done that incorrectly. I will try again!

Thank you!

Hisham,

That did the trick. Thank you! It seems like it’s always the smallest things that cause the biggest problems!