auditory stimulus for reaction time

Hello forum,

I am putting together a secondary task reaction time experiment. I want participants to hear a brief tone/bell/chime occasionally when they are reading and reaction by pushing a button or clicking on a mouse when they hear that tone.

First question: Does anyone has a .wav file of an appropriate tone they could share with me?

Second question: Any general advice on setting up this type of experiment?

Thanks!

V

How do you want the trial to end when the participant is done reading? Is reading the primary task?

Hi Monika,

Yes, reading is the primary task. I want the participant to hit the space bar when they are finished reading a sentence and the number 6 when they hear a tone.

Here’s the design:

Participants will read a text sentence by sentence. They will advance to the next sentence by pressing the space bar. At certain sentences, I want a tone to play that will end when they hit the 6 button, but I don’t want that sentence to end. Is this possible?

video display and 3 sound files at the same time

Hello

I’m doing a test where I present a stimulus list of three sound files in the same trial and the next event is a video. The point is that i can only run a sound file while the Video is playing … is it possible to hear the 3 files on a row while running the video? each sound file has a diferent answer…
I would like also to know how can I create a video response, I set that there are two right answers but when I run the experience it does not save me video responses.
thank you

If you are using the Self-Paced Reading (SPR) event type this cannot be done. Are you using SPR or is each sentence a separate event? When you say certain sentences, are they specific sentences or are they random?