alternate video events and text events

Hi,

I’m totally new at SuperLab and I checked the forum but I apologize if this question has already been addressed and I missed it.

I’m conducting a fairly basic experiment. I basically want my participants to see:

• welcome screen / instructions (I did it already)
  • video (one word uttered by a speaker)
  • identification of the vowel in the word (3 choices and they click on the right choice - I already have my Text Event created with boxes around the 3 options)
  • next video
  • same text event with same 3 options (but different correct answer)
  • next video
  • and so on (it’s always the same text event).

So far I’ve created a Stimulus List but I can’t find a way to add the Text Event after each video. Should I create Video Event for each of my video (I have about 300 of them so if there’s a faster solution that would be awesome)? Even if I create an Event for each video, what should I do afterwards?

Thanks!

You can use the same movie stimulus lists in your movie events. Then only change between them would be within the Correct Response tab, in the Event Editor. You would have your designated correct responses selected here.

I’m not sure I understand correctly. I already have edited the correct responses for each of the movie, but so far I just have a series of movies without any text event (screen with text option) after each movie. I want the participants to see the movie, then see text, then see a movie…

I think this will be easiest answered over the telephone. I will contact you via private message to set up a time.