Accuracy feedback on variable position probe.

Hi,

I’m new to Superlabs and would appreciate help trying to resolve the following:
I’m developing a programme in which the practice block contains 4 events: a cue, 2 word lists using stimulus lists, and a probe. The cue is presented first, followed by simultaneous presentation of two words (one on left side, one on right, one taken from each list). Once the words disappear a probe appears on either the left or right side of screen (I’ve used trial variable screen location to do this). The participant is required to indicate which side of the screen the probe appeared on, and then they receive accuracy feedback. To do this I’ve established a code ‘probe position’ with left and right levels. In the event editor for the probe I’ve used this code to programme the correct response as z key for left position and m key for right position, and in the feedback editor to jump to a ‘correct’ or ‘incorrect’ event if their response is correct or incorrect, respectively.

This works fine, except that feedback is consistently presented as the ‘incorrect’ event, regardless of the accuracy of the participants response.

Would really appreciate some advice on how I can ensure that the feedback participants receive is appropriate to whether they have correctly identified the position of the probe.

Many thanks,
Sam

Can you post your experiment as an Experiment Package? This can be found under the File menu within SuperLab.