Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• feedback for timing out

Hi-

In my experiment, I have a trial that basically has two events--one is a decision (choose A or B) and the second event is a confidence rating based on how you feel about your choice of A or B. Now, they have 15 seconds to make their choice of A or B....after that, I send it to a "you have timed out" event (what I call the Too Slow event)...which I have linked as feedback to each individual event (both initial decision and the confidence rating---you have 15 seconds to do each thing).

If you don't make your initial choice in time--well, the rating is irrelevant--so I thought I could put into the Too Slow event something that basically does: if you get to this event--skip the rest of the events in the trial.

This is what I have:

Too Slow event
    under Feedback:
    Provide feedback if: always at the end of the event
    What to do: skip remaining events and present next trial

also at the bottom, I have
    If the event has a time limit (which is does--I present it for 1000ms):
    Provide Feedback: After the event's time limit is up

What happens, though--if the initial choice event times out, it STILL gives me the rating event in the same trial. (it doesn't skip it)

Also, to note--the rating event is ONE EVENT that I link to every single trial. That file is the exact same, so I just made it one event, and link it to each trial.

So...what am I doing wrong??

Should I have a Too Slow event as part of each individual trial? (Right now it is not linked to anything from the TRIAL column) It is just an event that I put at the bottom of the event column, and am using as feedback only.

Any ideas??

I thought that I helped a person over the phone with a very similar question. Was that you? It's really impossible to help with such a question without seeing the experiment.

If your design problem is still not resolved, please post the experiment or call me and I'll be happy to help.

Comment

Working...
    X