Unwanted stimulus repeat within events

I want to present a short tone (<50 ms), once per second, and allow the full time between tones for subject response. Instead of playing once and then waiting for the next event, the tone repeats continuously until the next event. Is there a way to present the tone only once without putting in a “filler” visual display?

Thanks,
Jeff

Hi Jeff,

How are you setting it up right now? Are you using macros or feedback? Is there anyway you can post a sample of your experiment?

Hi Monika,

No macros or feedback or anything at this point (although I may add other things later!). I’m just trying to create a simple oddball target detection task. I’ve attached a scaled down version of what I have right now.

Thanks,
Jeff

Sample.sl4 (7.23 KB)

Hi Jeff,

Some of the files were missing. Can you create an Experiment Package and post it?

Hi Monika,

Sorry–I was in a rush to get out the door yesterday! Here is it.

Thanks,
Jeff

Sample.zip (4.43 KB)

Hi Jeff,

I have taken a look at your experiment. Regarding the tones, are you implying it’s not waiting 2 second?

Hi Monika,

I want to play only one tone per second (i.e., a total of two tones in the sample experiment). Instead, the first tone is repeating for 1 second, then the next tone repeats for 1 second, etc.

Hisham and Monika,

Thank you for your help. For anyone reading this thread, the problem appears to be related to the way Windows reads the files. Setting the stimuli up as sound files, rather than audio files, solved the problem.

Jeff