sound + sound + text

Hi,

I need to play the same sound twice (i.e., two events) within the same trial, followed by a text. Here is the sequence

Sound 1
Sound 1
Text A

Sound 2
Sound 2
Text A

Sound 3
Sound 3
Text A

I am able to play the sound twice (I’ve created two events and selected ‘wait for sound to finish playing’). After the second play, the text is supposed to pop out to then disappear after a participant’s response. In order to have this, that’s what I’ve done:
a) create text
b) selected in ‘Settings’ --> ‘Presentation options’ : 1) erase screen before presenting stimulus and at event end ‘erase screen’.
Now, what I expect is that after the presentation of the text A, sound 2 is played twice, then A appears again and sound 3 is played twice and so on. What happens is completely random and messy:
either the text stays on screen for while the sound is played twice or the text stays on screen and the sound plays only once. :confused:
Could you please help me out with it?
Thanks!:slight_smile:

It would be helpful if you could post your experiment. Please post as an Experiment Package, which is found under the File menu within SuperLab.

Experiment package

Hi,

here’s the file. Thanks for your help.
Clara

Clara - sound experiment - sound plays once (autobackup) (autobackup).zip (4.53 MB)

It seems that you are using an older version of SuperLab. This most likely is the cause of the problems you’ve been having. The current version does not support mp3 file formats, so you will need convert your files to either wav or ogg. You can download the newest version of SuperLab from the link below.

http://www.superlab.com/v4/downloadit.htm