Single Item presentation from stimulus list

Hi,

I am encountering trouble with a particular part of my experiment. I want to present a randomly generated number (7 digits) before the start of each trial.

I thought I might be able to do this by creating a stimulus list with numbers, and then use it at the start of each trial. But in this case, superlab doesn’t choose ONE item per trial–it presents ALL the items in the list.

Is there a way to get superlab to present a single item in a list per trial? If not, can anyone think of another way to accomplish my task? Can superlab generate the number for me (as long as it records it somehow)?

thanks,
Bella

(I accidentally posted this on the wrong board so am reposting. sorry!)

There is a sample experiment that chooses one item from multiple stimulus lists. See thread below.

http://community.cedrus.com/showthread.php?t=793

Yes, but in that experiment, too, the trials repeat for every item in the stimulus list. You’ll see this if you expand events that use lists. I’m trying to get a single item from the list per trial. Perhaps this is not possible using lists. Can anyone think of another way to do this?

I’m wondering if it would perhaps be possible to accomplish this using macros. Would there be a way for me to create a macro that generates a random 7 digit number on the fly? And then records it somehow so I can later check to see if the response matches the presented number?