Scanner Trigger

HI EVERYONE,

I have a question about how can i synchronize the scanner trigger with the sequences of my experiment in the SuperLab. I know that i can use the scanner trigger for participant input, and then use it as the correct response for an event. But i don’t understand when the number of pulse of trigger is refereed in the experiment, how the systems know when is time to pass to the other event using the scanner trigger?.

THANKS IN ADVANCED

REGARDS,

Eli

Hi Eli,

Let’s say your trial contains two events: a fixation point and a stimulus. Now, you want to synchronize the start of the trial with a trigger from the scanner. You’ll need to added a third event, but this new event needs to be first within the trial. So the sequence is now: sync event, fixation point, and stimulus. As you stated, the sync event will have the scanner trigger as correct response. As soon as it’s received, SuperLab will move automatically to the next events in the trial.

I’m not sure if I answered the correct question! Please do not hesitate to post a follow-up question.

Regards,

Hisham.

Thanks Hisham, i saw the point to solve my problem. Now i question you, how can i select the number of times that the stimuli and fixation point can appear? For example i want to configure two pulses of trigger as a correct action to pass to the fixation point, next for the other two pulses of trigger, appear the stimuli. Can i do this with superlab?

Thanks, i really appreciate your time and all the information that you suggest me.

THANKS IN ADVANCE,

Eli

Hi Eli,

If you want stimuli to appear after two pulses of the trigger, then you need two events in order to wait for these two pulses. You don’t need to create two events for each trial because you can use an event in as many trials as you need.

Hisham.