response recording, correct and incorrect

I can’t seem to find a way to do the following (or a post on the topic.)

I have a series of trials, each with 4 possible responses (1 correct and 3 incorrect per trial). The possible responses are different on each trial: there is a pool of 9 responses to pick the sets of 4 from (i.e. red/orange/yellow/green/blue/purple/indigo/violet/black). However, the keys to choose a response are the same in each trial: A, B, C, or D. This means that Trial 1 could have A=yellow, B=black, C=green, D=red, where B is correct. Trial 2 could have A=blue, B=purple, C=yellow, D=black, where C is correct. (Therefore ‘black’ is correct for Trial 1 but incorrect for Trial 2.)

My problem is that I want to know what color the participant chose, be it incorrect or correct. But if set up keystroke responses and indicate which key is correct for each trial, it only records the letter (A/B/C/D), not the colors (yellow/black/green/red or blue/purple/yellow/black). Is there a simple way to do this? It seems like this should be pretty obvious and common, but I just can’t find a way to make it happen.

Thanks for your help!

How are you telling the user which key represents which color?