Question about markers in Acqknowledge

Hi,

I’m not sure if this is the place to post this question, but I’m new to the Acqknowledge software and I’ve been trying to familiarize myself with some of the things you are able to do with it.

I want to have the program automatically put markers in when certain events occur (such as “up” when there is an up arrow displayed for the participant to view and “down” when there is a down arrow). These events occur at the same specific times for each participant. Is there a way to create a template in Acqknowledge that will automatically insert markers at these specific times? I found a way where you can hit a key and the markers will be inserted, but we don’t want the experimenters to have to hit a key everytime.

Thanks for your help! I hope that made sense!

This is reasonably easy to do with AcqKnowledge, once you have the presentation computer integrated with your Biopac unit and recording computer. Biopac sells a stimulus presentation system that has everything you need to make that connection. I believe you may be able to use the stimtracker system from Cedrus, but I have no personal experience with that.

Once you have your presentation system connected to your Biopac unit, then it’s simply a matter of telling superlab to send a digital timing marker when the stimulus is presented on the screen. In Acknowledge, you need to set up your recording template to record the digital timing markers. I know this is a little vague, but Biopac has the exact instructions provided in detail on their website, and with the presentation system.