expression editor problem

Hi

I want to present 6 trials from a selection of 20 or so trials in each of my blocks. when i use expression editor to set this the block does not end after 6 trials but continues. I have set it to present trials whilst condition is true, evaluate expression before each trial, and have expression number of trials is less than or equal to 6 trials.

What am I doing wrong? :confused:

Thanks

Also, is there a way for me to limit the number of trials from a subset to 1 within a block of other trials: e.g I want to present 1 digit among 5 letters in random order. Is it possible using the block macros?

You have two completely separate questions here, and they probably should have gone into two separate threads.

1. As a side-effect to fixes for other conditional-branching bugs, SuperLab 4.0.3 introduced an issue where trials would not be counted if the very first event in the trial was set to end immediately. If you set this event to instead end after a 1ms delay, your trials will be counted. This will be fixed in the next update to SuperLab 4.

2. Iโ€™m not clear on what youโ€™re trying to do w/r to your second question. What behavior are you trying to get?

re 2) I am wanting to display a distractor block of 5 letters and 1 digit in a random order, and have the letters and digit selected from a larger set. Is this possible?
(each letter/digit is a separate trial as it presents an audio file and text file at the same time.)

Thanks