Want to run a SL 2.0.4 file, but only have SL 4.5

Hello,

My lab wants to perform an old experiment made with SL 2.0.4 (so, it’s an .xpt file). We have SL 4.5, but we’d prefer to just run the old experiment as this would not only save us time, but also make comparison to the old experiment exact.

The only trouble is, over the years it seems that the keys and installations of the old SL 2.0.4 have been lost, and the 4.5 key doesn’t apply to the old software.

The experiment runs on the unregistered demo SL 2.0.4 fine, but of course we can’t record data then.

Is it possible to obtain a key for SL 2.0.4 if we have a key for SL 4.5? Alternatively, is there any easy way to convert .xpt files into the newer superlab file without completely rebuilding the experiment?

Unfortunately, we can no longer help with licensing-related questions for SuperLab 2. That version has not shipped since June 2006 – almost nine years ago, and I cannot find the needed tool to generate a version 2 key on any of our office computers.

And neither can the old .xpt files be imported into SuperLab 4. However, by using the stimulus lists feature in SuperLab 4 and 5, you will likely find that the experiment can be created with much faster speed than before.

[QUOTE=Hisham;6809]Unfortunately, we can no longer help with licensing-related questions for SuperLab 2. That version has not shipped since June 2006 – almost nine years ago, and I cannot find the needed tool to generate a version 2 key on any of our office computers.

And neither can the old .xpt files be imported into SuperLab 4. However, by using the stimulus lists feature in SuperLab 4 and 5, you will likely find that the experiment can be created with much faster speed than before.[/QUOTE]

I feared that might be the case. I’ll just move forward with recreating it in the newer version then, which shouldn’t take too long. Using the demo version of SL2 I can see how the experiment is constructed and remake it more or less exactly from the test taker’s point of view, which is what is most important. Really, it’s something that would need to be done eventually in any case.

Thank you for replying to my question.