Two Responses Required?

Hi all,

I am working on a project in which participants respond to different stimuli by pressing buttons on a keyboard - fairly simple stuff. However, as I have been testing and troubleshooting my experiment, one strange quirk is always constant. Every “response” must consist of two key presses in order to move on to the next event. So if I want to respond “2”, I would have to press the “2” key twice. I have tried everything I could think of to fix this issue to no avail. Does anyone have any suggestions for what may be causing this strange problem and how to fix it?

Thanks so much!

Can you post the experiment? It’s most likely an extra event that is linked to a trial either directly or indirectly, e.g. via a feedback or a rule.

Here it is!

Superlab CNM template.sl5 (32.4 KB)

You did not include the sound files that are used in the experiment, so I wasn’t able to run it.

In taking a look at the experiment’s settings, I noticed that the option Wait until the key is released is enabled. This is found in Participant Input’s dialog → Options tab. I suggest you turn it off. If it doesn’t fix the issue you’re running into, then please go to the File menu → Save as Experiment Package and post the ZIP package that SuperLab saves.

Sorry for the late reply, I was out camping for the weekend. I disabled that option but it didn’t seem to change anything. I tried to attach the experiment package, but the attachment manager window keeps crashing every time it gets to around 42%. I tried it on my home computer, both lab computers, and one in the library. Not sure what to do about that… Any advice on that?

The forums’ software may not let you attach the experiment package if it’s above a certain size. Can you put it on Dropbox or some other cloud and then post a link?

I thought that might be the problem. This dropbox link should do the trick: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xxv4kr2mliyfhnl/AAALmWtbJ4fUcvCQyXWvt7uma?dl=0

Thanks!