problem with limits on sequences using feedback

Hi,
Attached is an experiment in which pigeons peck a touchscreen, and are given either a patterned sequence of five elements or a random sequence of five elements (I did not encose the folder of visual images). Training is forced for the first sessions ("pattern-random alternation file), then the birds get to choose which type of sequence they want to work on, pattern or random (CHOICE file).

I use the feedback function to present either type of sequence following selection of a choice cue (during CHOICE), one that indicates a patterned sequence, the other that indicates a random sequence. My problem is the apparent limits of the feedback function. I can present a five-element sequence (along with blank screen events and reinforcement periodically). I’ve done that, but now I want to present perhaps a 10 or even 20-element sequence. I don’t see the room to do that in the feedback function. ’

Is there another way to program this choice, so that I can present many more elements in a sequence? Ideally, following a choice I would send the subject to either a pattern or random trial, but I don’t see how to do that within the structure of this experiment.

Thanks for your help.

Exp. 26, concurrent chains pattern-random CHOICE- 1.sl5 (61.1 KB)

Exp. 26, concurrent chains pattern-random alternation - 1.sl5 (174 KB)

Try using trial rules rather than event feedback.

For instance, create a rule that presents a certain block depending on the last participant response. The presented block should contain a sequence of elements.