training experiment, word learning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• training experiment, word learning

I am struggling to create a training experiment on word learning that consists of several blocks.

1. the stimuli introduction block, audio-picture pairings: this part works, keyboard is the input source

2. the training block: this part doesn't work. What I need is:
    - one of 14 audio files play (all of the audio files are currently in the stim list)
    - 14 pictures are simultaneously presented on the screen always in the same order (these pic files are currently separate events with fixed position in pixels on the screen)
    - a participant clicks on the picture, and if the answer (audio-picture pairing) is right, then the correct feedback is displayed, and the experiment moves on the next audio file
    - if the answer (audio-picture pairing) is wrong then the incorrect feedback is displayed, and the same audio file plays until the correct response is achieved.
    - 14 audio files play 2 times each in the randomized order

I played with this for several days, but I am stuck!! Can one use the Keyboard and the mouse input in the same experiment? The sound of the first trial would play, then the keyboard input box displays, but the fourteen pictures would NOT display. Also, after I put the answer as a string in the box, the next audio file from the stim list would NOT play.

3. the test block: similar format as in (2) but no feedback is provided. 14 audio files x 3 reps. How can I easily triple the number of trials form my 3 repetitions?

Feeling really stuck and frustrated after several days of failure. I need this experiment to work for the next week of data collection. Any pointers and feedback is much appreciated!
    Attached Files
    Audio stim list and image stim list, correct respond for sounds (keyboard strings)
    0%
    Audio stim list and image stim list, correct respond for images (mouse clicks)
    0%
    Audio stim list and multiple image events, correct respond for sounds (keyboard strings)
    0%
    Audio stim list and multiple image events, correct respond for image (mouse clicks)
    0%

The poll is expired.

Thank you for contacting us directly by email. I am happy we were able to answer your questions.

Comment

Working...
    X