Creating an experiment

Hello, I was wondering if someone could help me. I am trying to create an experiment that presents positive, negative and neutral words. The words are presented for 33 miliseconds and after each word I want to put in a blank page for participants to respond. Does anyone know how to do this? I want the words to be presented than a blank page with a response key.

Please help if you can. Thank you

Natalie:)

Thank you for the post. Please see the following link: http://community.cedrus.com/showthread.php?t=4

Thank you

Thank you for your message. I am sorry I am a little confused. I have already created the experiment, I just need to know how to add a blank response page in after each stimulus. I have at the moment, go a list of words with a focus cross but I need to build in a blank response page.

Thank you

Natalie

Try adding a blank text event after the fixation cross.

Thank you

Thank you. That really helped me. I was wondering, is it possible to change the participant response each time they are shown something?

Thank you

What type of responses do you want to do?

Stimulus

Hello, random question. I have built my SuperLab with a fixation cross, a picture and then a blank response page. I want the cross and picture to flash (time limit) and then have the response page. For some reason, it occassionally shows two pictures without the response page or gets stuck on the picture and even if I push a button nothing happens.

Please help!

Natalie

What version of SuperLab are you using? Check under the Help menu, then About SuperLab 4.0. Also, can you post your experiment?

We’re using SuperLab version 4. I will check that tomorrow, thank you. Is it possible to upload?

Natalie

Hello I’ve uploaded it for you have a look at.

I hope that’s ok,

Thank you

Natalie

Lacey New.sl4 (14.6 KB)

I think the problem was that you were randomizing both the trials within the block and the events in the trial. Try only randomizing the trials in the block.

Thank you

Thank you so much. We’ve finally sorted it. Thank you! I really appreciate your help!
Natalie

help please!

Hello, I’ve attached my superlab as I am quite confused about something that’s happening. I have tried to show a fixation cross, then a flashed word, then a letter and a response page but the order seems to be jumbling and I’m not sure how to fix it!

Please help!

Many thanks,

Natalie

daniellebrown.sl4 (34.4 KB)

Can you send this experiment as an Experiment Package? I could not run it becuase I don’t have any of the files?

Of course sorry. How silly of me. I think we have managed to solve the problem now. Thank you

Natalie