data logging issue

Hi,

I’m having trouble figuring out a way to get Superlab to log the information I want together with subjects’ responses. The experiment is an ABX discrimination task. I have set it up as a single trial containing three successive events, each using its own stimulus list, and with randomization turned on at the block level. Everything works fine, except that in the output file, I seem to be able to record only the information (i.e. code values, file names) from the event that is collecting the response. (Meaning that, if A, B, and X are separate events, and X is collecting the response, then Superlab outputs all the information regarding the item drawn from stimulus list X, but none of the information from A or B, whereas I’d like it give me info from A, B, and X.)

I found a clever solution to this kind of problem on the forum here, whereby an earlier non-response-collecting event is repeated later in a trial in a sort of hidden or offscreen version of itself that collects a response, thereby logging its info along with the response. My problem is that I want the info from both (or even all three) events in each trial, not just from one or the other, and if possible, I’d like all this information to appear in the same row of the output file, rather than as three separate rows.

Is there a way of accomplishing this in Superlab? Thanks for any help you can render!

To accomplish this, I would set your first two events to end at a time limit. You only need to enter a time of 1 ms.

My problem is that I want the info from both (or even all three) events in each trial, not just from one or the other, and if possible, I’d like all this information to appear in the same row of the output file, rather than as three separate rows.

Unfortunately, this is not a capability of SuperLab.