Visually presenting mouse clicks

I am designing a very simple experiment in which the participant is asked to mark a point on a number line. I can’t figure out how to visually present the mouse click response on the line. Any suggestions?

You can display an image of a line or a scale, and then create a number of areas (in the Participant Input dialog) on the screen as detectable response areas. SuperLab can record where the participant has clicked but cannot provide a visual feedback as to where they clicked.

Detectable response areas

Hi,

I was wondering how I can create a number of areas (in the Participant Input dialog) on the screen as detectable response areas as you suggest. The only options I get in that dialog have to do with ending an event and moving to the next.

Thanks!

Not able to define areas of the screen

Hi again,

I was checking the “Preview” option in the wrong menu (in the “Input” tab instead of the “Correct Response” tab). Now that I found it, I’m trying to define the areas of the screen so that SuperLab will detect mouse clicks on those areas but every time I try to do something on the coordinate screen, it shuts down. Anything I’m doing wrong?

Thanks so much again

What version of SuperLab are you running? The current version of SuperLab is 4.0.7b. There are no known issues of SuperLab crashing for this reason.

Have you tried defining the areas under Participant Input? Select Mouse or Touch Screen, then if you double click on Left or Right Mouse Button select Specific area found at location (in pixels).

Thanks

Thanks Monika. yeah, I hadn’t tried double clicking on Left or Right Mouse Button to select the area. I was trying to make the selection on the screen itself (the screen that shows up with the Preview button). Thanks so much for your help!