How Reaction Times Are Measured

Hi, my name is Eliana and i have been proved many experiments on SuperLab. But in the Help option say nothing about how works the reaction time (if you see, these option don’t give you any information, it appears like the web page would be empty). I want to know about it. Can you help me?

Thanks,:slight_smile:
Best regards,

Eliana
Medellin-Colombia

Sure, what would you like to know about reaction times?
You could also try searching through this forum for any specific questions.

Hong

Dear Hong, thanks for your answer, the problem is that i don’t know anything about this item. :confused: I want to know everything, if you have a document where i can get the most information about it, i will be very thanked. If you don’t, i would like to know where i can see this time? is a direct measurement?

And i have another question :confused:, can you tell me how can i synchronize the reasonator’s trigger with SuperLab?

Thanks for everything, specially for your time.

Thanks in advanced,:slight_smile:

Eliana

Hey Eliana,

You can view the reaction times of participants in the text files saved after running your experiment.

By default, SuperLab will reset the Reaction Time timer at the onset of the first event in the trial. That is, the timer will begin at 0ms from the first event in the trial. The onset for Digital Output, ISI, Picture File, Serial Output, or Text events is after the event presentation is complete. The can be different for Audio, Movie, or Sound events, depending on what options you choose.

Unfortunately there isn’t a single document dedicated to reaction time, but you can try searching through our forums.

Here is a thread on accuracy of response times in 4.0 on Mac:
http://community.cedrus.com/showthread.php?t=107

Here is a thread on reaction time calculation:
http://community.cedrus.com/showthread.php?t=151

About the synchronization of the resonator’s trigger with SuperLab, I’ll ask Hisham to chime in since he’d be able to give you a better answer.

Please feel free to continue asking questions. I’ll be happy to help you with anything that I can.

Hong

Thanks for everything, i appreciate all this infomation.

Thanks, :slight_smile:

Eliana