participant input problem

Hi,

I set “After any response from the participant” for a few events and used keyboard-string input and keyboard-single key for other different events. For the latter two types of events, I chose the option “Only if an event…as correct” and connected them to the participant inputs that I have set up. So it looks like I did everything right. However, when I ran the experiment, I pressed any key to respond to the event, for which I set “After any response from the participant,” it does not disappear. Could any of you help? Thanks a lot!

For the events where input is set to end After any response from the participant, pressing any key to continue should work as long as no string input response is designated as correct. I just tried it with this attached experiment.

Test String Input and Single Key Input.sl4 (4.16 KB)

still problem with participant input

Hi Hisham,
Thank you very much for your help. But I still can’t solve my problem. I post a sample test here.
In my experiment, I need to set “Only if an event designates a single key response as correct” for keyboard-single keys for the event “statement”, “Only if an event designates a string input as correct” for Keyboard-String input for the event “Case,” and “After any response from the participant” for the events “Instruction-1” and “Instruction-2.” In this case, how do I make all participant inputs work? Thank you.

I quote your earlier response to my problem as below:
"I found the problem is that you have turned On the following two options:
For input Keyboard-Single Keys
Only if an event designates a single key response as correct

For input Keyboard-String Input
Only if an event designates a string input as correct
If you turn both of these options on, then for every event you must tell SuperLab what is the correct response. If you don’t, SuperLab will not know which input device to keep an eye on."

Sample test.sl4 (12.8 KB)

use a specific key instead of “Any response”

It seems that I have solved this problem. I set a specific key instead of “any response”. Thanks.