Movie Loop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movie Loop

I have a quicktime movie that has 4 frames. I have the movie looping when I play it in quicktime so that it will repeat continuously, but currently in superlab, it will only show the 4 frames and then stop. Is there a way to get superlab to loop the movie until the participant responds?
    Thank you.

SuperLab currently cannot loop a movie until a participant responds.
    You could try creating a very long movie from those 4 frames and using that instead.

Hong

Comment

Loop a movie in SUperlab 4.5?

Hello again,

Is it possible in Superlab 4.5 to play a movie on a loop until there is a response from the participant? (I don't know what version the original post was referring to)

Thanks
      Katherine

Comment

There is no feature in SuperLab to automatically loop as you would in a media player.

However, you can always use the feedback feature to repeat the trial if the response is not what you wanted. There will be a screen flicker due to the trial being repeated, but the approach should work otherwise.

SuperLab 5 would use the same idea overall, but this would be much easier done in version 5. For movie settings, make sure to have the movie end with the trial.

Comment

Thanks Hisham.

Am i correct that there is no way to repeat an event if there is no response from the participant?

I have actually achieved nearly what I need by just creating a looped movie file and using that as the event. However, because I need it to play once fully before any response is accepted (and then look for input) I have had to set this up as two events (i.e. the first plays to the end then goes onto the next event, and the second plays only until there is a response). Is there any way to avoid/minimise the transition between the two events so that there isn't the visible blank screen between the first and second movie events?

Thanks,
          Katherine

Comment

Correct: it is not possible to repeat an event due to feedback -- only a trial.

Comment

Working...
            X