Experiment Help!

Hello,

I am trying to create an Implicit Association Test (IAT) using SuperLab 4.0 without any experience and with no guidance. I have followed the demo, but when I tried my experiment the screen takes a long time to load after the instructions to the point of freezing. Also, I can’t figure out how to have the words “good” and “bad” stay on the screen while the stimulus flashes in the middle. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

First, redownload and reinstall SuperLab 4.0.6b: http://community.cedrus.com/showthread.php?t=437

That will fix the loading time issue.

Second, to get your stimulus to flash, open the stimulus in the event editor and click “Settings…” Under the “Presentation Options” tab, click the radio button to “Erase Stimulus” at event end. Here, you’ll also want to uncheck “Erase screen before presenting stimulus” so that “good” and “bad” (if already drawn) will stay on the screen. Lastly, under the input tab of the event editor, you can configure how long you would like the stimulus to stay on screen. If you would like information about the stimulus to show up in your log file, the event needs to look for input–even if it only looks for 1ms. It can’t be configured to end immediately.