Recording order of randomly presented stimulus

Hi,

I need to present a video clips in a random order, followed by the same response screen every time. I currently have this set up in one block and one trial. In the events column, I have a stimulus list of videos and the response screen. Basically, it shows (Video X / response screen) then (video z / response screen) (Video Y / response screen) with the order of the parenthesized groups randomized. I’m that far. I have no problem with recording the participant’s response on the response screen. However, I need to record the order of the videos so that I know if the response on the response screen is correct.

Is it possible to record the order of a randomized stimulus if the participant doesn’t respond to it?

Many thanks,
Julia

Hi Julia,

Is it possible to record the order of a randomized stimulus if the participant doesn’t respond to it?

Yes. SuperLab will always save a line in the collected data file for every event that requires a response (and that does not have the Record and save response checkbox turned off in the Event Editor’s Input tab). If the participant does not respond, the Error Code column will show “NR” for no response.

Hisham.