Collect response to earlier event

Hello

I’m trying to set up an experiment where each trial consists of 3 events - 2 consecutive pictures followed by a response prompt. I want to collect responses to the first picture while the response prompt is on screen but can’t see a way to manage this. Is it possible in superlab or will I have to collect responses to the prompt rather than the first picture?

Any help greatly appreciated.

SuperLab 4 can only collect responses to the current event, so it’s not possible to specify a correct response that is dependent on an earlier event.

It’s possible to work around this, but the solution depends on how you already have things set up. If your first event is in a stimulus list, then you can make a second stimulus list that has multiple copies of the prompt. When more than one stimulus list is used in a trial, SuperLab does a one-to-one pairing of the items in the list. Therefore, you can set the code values (or correct response) for each of these prompts to match the event of interest.

If you aren’t using stimulus lists, then you can create an event for each set of correct responses and then just link the appropriate prompt/response event to the trial.

I hope this helps!

Thanks Hank. I am using stimulus lists and have now found a way to work around the problem.

Cheers!

If your first event is in a stimulus list, then you can make a second stimulus list that has multiple copies of the prompt. When more than one stimulus list is used in a trial, SuperLab does a one-to-one pairing of the items in the list. Therefore, you can set the code values (or correct response) for each of these prompts to match the event of interest.

Does the matching work regardless of randomization settings?

This pairing occurs prior to the randomization, so yes–it works regardless of randomization settings.