Superlab Crash (Win. Vista)

Hi Folks,

First of all for all of you involved in the making of Superlab and the support of its users, thankyou, it’s been an invaluable tool for my research.

I have a few problems (which might be connected) while I run the program. They are:

1. Pressing the mouse a few times on a ‘non-mouse input’ event will almost always cause a crash, eventually. Sometimes all that is needed is one press. The crash results in Vista saying ‘Superlab has encountered an error’, and then the whole program will shut down. This type of crash occurred when mouse input was specifid to certain events which it needs to be for the experiment, and also when mouse input was recorded throughout.
  • As a solution to this problem I now don’t use the mouse input and have found a way to incorporate paper responses.
  1. If I’m editing the experiment, I generally save before I run. Sometimes, the same crash ‘Superlab has encountered a problem and needs to shut down’ will occur without me pressing anything, after a short time (e.g. after 5-10 seconds). This is always within a short time of starting the experiment.

Are these errors with Windows Vista? Would I benefit from downgrading my laptop back to XP, which I can do, for Superlab to run more stably?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can email my experiment if necessary so someone can have a look.

Regards,

Nathan

Anyone…? Even a ‘dunno’? :confused:

As far as I’ve been able to tell, Vista is incorrectly diagnosing SuperLab as having crashed. I have also managed to get other programs to “crash” on Vista if I simply click the mouse while the program is loading (e.g. Team Fortress 2).

Thanks Hank, I’ll convert back to XP & we’ll see how that goes.