jumpy movie

Hi
Im trying to run an experiment where each trial consists of 3 movies, one after the other and Im having a couple problems:

1. I would like the movies to run synchronously (the last frame in each movie is the same as the first frame in the next) but there’s an obvious flicker - is there anything I can do about this.

2. When I view the movies in windows media, they are smooth running (they consist of dots moving around the screen) however, when I run them in SuperLab they are very jerky with obvious flickers and jumps??

Any advice?

Wendy Davidson

I apologize for taking so long to get back to you.

First, by the nature of how SuperLab and DirectX work, there is a conflict between the two when running on a single-processor machine. Due to limitations in Windows, SuperLab tries not to give up any processor time. This winds up taking time away from DirectX, so your movies are jumpy. This is not an issue on multi-core/multi-processor machines.

As far as the flicker between the movies, what version of SuperLab are you running? Are you erasing the screen?

jumpy movie

I have adapted the experiment now so that it runs as one continuous movie (.avi) file around 700KB. I am still experiencing the same problem with it jumping. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Wendy

What is the processor in your machine? Is it hyperthreaded or multicore?

Hi
The PC Im using is Hyper-Threading. It is a Intel P4 - 2.4Ghz using a Intel 845G Chipset.

Thanks

Wendy