Interstimulus intervals -Audio

Hi,

I am new with Superlab . I work with 12 audio files of about 2000 ms each and I would like to establish interstimulus intervals (no sound) that randomly appear between each of the audio files. How can I do it?

• In addition, whenever I run the experience, Superlab indicates a bug and ends before the end. Can you try to run it to see if my computer has a problem or if I made a mistake while using SuperLab?

Thank you!

Pratique-LadanJP.sl4 (7.59 KB)

D à D 2.wav (111 KB)

D à D.wav (111 KB)

D à D+G 2.wav (14.1 KB)

D à D+G.wav (14.1 KB)

audio files

D à G 2 .wav (111 KB)

D à G.wav (111 KB)

G à D 2.wav (111 KB)

G à D .wav (138 KB)

G à D+G 2.wav (14.1 KB)

last audio files

G à G .wav (138 KB)

G à G 2.wav (111 KB)

G à D+G.wav (17.6 KB)

Are you getting a message about a bug, or a crash report from SuperLab? If you are getting some type of message, can you please take a screen snapshot and post it?

Hi,

Yes, I received a message. I will take a screen snapshot this afternoon.

Still, do you have an answer for my first question? ( I work with 12 audio files of about 2000 ms each and I would like to establish interstimulus intervals (no sound) that randomly appear between each of the audio files. How can I do it? )

Thank you!

I suggest making a third event and using a Trial Variable for ISI Duration. You can find the Trial Variable feature under the Experiment menu. If you don’t always want to present an ISI then use 0 ms as one of your time limits. After creating the ISI you can attach it to a new event by choosing “Inter-Stimulus Interval (ISI)” as the Event Type. Under the Input tab check “Only after a time limit. The time limit is” then select “Variable”. Here you will see the ISI you created.

Thank you. How do I enter time limits?

This is the screenshot :

Sans titre.JPG

This is a crash report and it gives you the option to send the report to us. Are you able to click “OK” to submit the crash report? If not, please refer to the path that is shown on the screenshot you sent:

“C:\Documents and Settings\JPG_Labo… SuperLab_dbgrpt”

Then send us the XML file.

Yes, I am able to do it. thank you.

When you say " I suggest making a third event and using a Trial Variable for ISI Duration. You can find the Trial Variable feature under the Experiment menu. If you don’t always want to present an ISI then use 0 ms as one of your time limits. After creating the ISI you can attach it to a new event by choosing “Inter-Stimulus Interval (ISI)” as the Event Type. Under the Input tab check “Only after a time limit. The time limit is” then select “Variable”. Here you will see the ISI you created."

How can I enter time limits ? Do I have to Edit the " ISI Durations" in the trial variables, and then enter the time limits as the levels?  Will it be in ms?

Double click on “ISI Durations” within the Trial Variables window. Here you can enter the time limits, in milliseconds, under the Levels tab. You can also change the name of “ISI Durations” if you wish to do so.

Presentation time

Hi,

I’m doing an experiment with audio file. I know that I can save the response time of the participants, but I also need a list of the presentation time. Is it possible to get a list of the presentation time for each stimulus each time that I run the experiment ?

Thank you!