Consecutive Incorrect on Serial Order Task?

Hi,

I’m creating a serial-order digit span task using Superlab. I have two trials of each length (e.g., 2 trials of 4 digits, 2 of 5, etc). I would like to program Superlab to end (or move to the next block) when the participant answers, incorrectly, two consecutive trials of the same length. I am aware of the feedback option of returning to the next trial after an incorrect response. Is there any way to program the computer to recognize two consecutive incorrect responses on the same trial length? Or is this just something that I will have to do later through Excel?

Thanks!
-Tyler

Create two codes, one named “Trial length” with values , 4, 5, 6, etc. (create this one time while building your experiment). The other code will be named “Correctness” (will be used dynamically at run-time) with values “correct” and “incorrect.”

Then create macros (one for each trial length you have) within the Block Editor.

• The macro will have two expressions (both using the subset feature)
  • The first will state: "Number of Trials Presented in This Block is equal to 2 trials (Using the last 2 trials in the block and Trials marked with the code "trial length" equal to 4"
  • The second will state: "Number of Trials Presented in This Block is equal to 2 trials (Using the last 2 trials in the block and Trials marked with the code "correctness" equal to incorrect"
  • Under the [B]If True[/B] tab it should be set to "Exit experiment"

Within the Trial Editor, then the Code Value tab, mark the code with the appropriate trial length.

Under the Feedback tab within the Event Editor, create a feedback that states: if “The response is not correct” then Change value of code “correctness” to “incorrect.”

Thank you!!