Audio file Stimulus List: How to define correct responses?

Hello,

I am designing an experiment in which participants will listen to a series of .wav files (sentences with background noise added). The participants must type their answers. I want to be able to compare their answers with the correct target sentence. In the past, I have simply made each sentence its own trial, with the events inside each trial labeled “Cue Sentence 1, Audio Sentence 1, Response Sentence 1”. Each response event was associated with a correct response (which I put in by hand), so it was easy to see which sentences were correct or not in Cedrus Data Viewer.

However, this is very time intensive. I think using a stimulus list would save time. My problem is that I don’t know how to define correct responses for the items in the stimulus list. Is there a place to input correct responses for each item in the list?

Thank you in advance.

I suggest using two stimulus lists, one for the cue sentences and the other for the audio. Make sure the items in the lists are in the correct order you want them to be displayed. Once the audio event is created and is using the audio stimulus list, go to the Correct Response tab within the Event Editor. On the left under, For the following files, the audio files in your stimulus lists will be displayed. Select the files and designate a correct response for them under the correct response is.

Thanks, with another question

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. This solution does work for defining correct responses. However, I have a new question that has grown out of the solution.

Is there a way to import a list of correct responses into Superlab? The “define correct response” tab seems to only work for answers that I would individually put into the program. I have 100+ correct responses and typing them in one-by-one is very time consuming. If there is a way to import a list of correct responses, what file format should the list be in? .txt?

Thanks again for your time.

Unfortunately, it’s not possible to import a list of correct responses.