coordinates of pixels

Hi, I found that in the new superlab it’s possible for the subjects to use mouse and click the spot they are supposed to make response. My question is: can the coordinates of the pixels they clicked be recorded? Also when I set up the stimuli, how do I find out the coordinates of the region of interest in the stimuli?

Thanks a lot!

Min

Recording Pixel Position

Hi Min,

Yes, it is possible to record the pixel position of a mouse click.

• From the Experiment menu, select Participant Input. A dialog (screen) appears.

• If Mouse or Touch Screen is not selected yet, click on it to select it.

• Click on the Data to Save tab.

You’ll see a checkbox labeled “The pixel position”. By default, it is turned on.

Also when I set up the stimuli, how do I find out the coordinates of the region of interest in the stimuli?

You have two options: if you create fixed position responses in the Participant Input dialog and then you go to preview a visual stimulus from within the Event Editor, SuperLab will draw blue rectangles over the visual stimulus to show you where the response area is.

The other option is to create a response where the position on the screen is “Automatically determined by the position of the visual stimulus”. This is a neat new option in 4.0 that relieves you from making sure that the visual stimulus and response area overlap – it’s automatic.

– Hisham.

1 Like

Hisham, this is really helpful. I appreciate it.

Min