Mouse String Input?

Hello all,

Thanks for reading. I’m designing an experiment in which participants are asked to enter up to 10 locations on a touchscreen per trial. Because the touchscreen registers as a mouse, I was wondering as to how to best set up multiple mouse responses per trial. As of now, I have set it up so that each response has it’s own response page event. However, that has made cleaning and analyzing the data infinitely complex, in that each of the participant’s over 1,000 responses per testing session must be analyzed individually (as in entering the correct sequence per trial by going through all of the event responses associated with that particular trial, and comparing it to the participant’s sequence).

Is there anything that can be done to set up Superlab to analyze more than one mouse response per trial, and concisely show all responses per trial in the output file? I hope that this was clear, and any feedback would be most appreciated! Thanks.

I can’t think of a better way of setting this up then the way you already have it. This is something that you might want to create an Excel macro for (unfortunately we cannot help with this part).