Program won't accept input

Hi Monika,

Attached with this post is a program built by a student in our lab. It’s a trivial pursuit program with two types of questions, multiple choice and fill-in. The error we have with this program is that the fill-in questions often (not all the time) do not accept any input from the keyboard and the program basically just stop there. Sometimes this problem can be overcome by restarting Superlab or rebooting the computer. However, there does not seem to be any consistency to pinpoint what causes this error. We have tried on different computers as well as the problem persists. Could you please take a look and help us?

Thanks,

Le

second third.zip (174 KB)

I’ve just realized I was a bit vague with “won’t accept input”. What I meant is that not only the program does not record data, it won’t even let you type anything in the box. Letters and numbers do not appear.

Le

Hello there,

What version of SuperLab are you using? Also, what Operating System, Windows 7, XP, Snow Leopard…etc? Does the experiment seem to behave inconsistently at a certain point within the experiment? Are you able to hit the Escape key, or do you have to force-quit?

Can you try switching your “Audio” event type to “Sound” and see if the experiment behaves any differently?

Hi Monika,

I’m using Superlab version 4.5 but I believe the program was built on an earlier version. Our computers all run on Windows 7. The error always happens right at the beginning or when the first fill-in question comes up. When that occurs, I can exit the program by hitting the Esc key. I have also tried change the event type from audio to sound but it didn’t help.

Thanks,

Le

I have ran the experiment about 10 times on a Windows 7 machine without being able to duplicate the problem. I have also run it on a Mac computer with the same outcome.