Cue in the center of the screen the whole experiment

Hello,

I’m designing an experiment that consists in the presentation of a face in the right or in the left of a cue, placed in the center of the screen. The subject has to answer Y or N depending on the instruction of the block.

I want the cue to be in the center of the screen the whole experiment, but what I have done now is such as flickering.

Each trial consists in:

• An event (cue) that is a cross in the center, and without the settings: “erase screen before presenting stimulus” but with “keep stimulus invisible”.

• A picture (left or right position), 200 ms, without the settings: “erase screen before presenting stimulus” and “keep stimulus invisible”.

• A response time that is a cross in the center with the settings: “erase screen before presenting stimulus” but not “keep stimulus invisible”. (If the option “erase screen before…” is selected, the face remains there).

• An ISI time that is again a cross in the center, time variable, and without the settings: “erase screen before presenting stimulus” and “keep stimulus invisible”.

I don’t know if I’m doing it correctly.

Can anybody help me?

Can you please post your experiment as an Experiment Package? This is found under the File menu within SuperLab.

Here you have a brief version:

emotions_brief.zip (5.16 MB)

Response keys: “z” and “m”

For the cues, I would suggest replacing them with a full screen bit map with the cue in the middle. Then, you would use the event Picture type instead of text. Then for the “Cue” and “Response” events turn off Erase Screen before presenting stimulus under the Presentation Options tab.

It didn’t work. It continues flickering.

This should work in SuperLab. Can you post the updated experiment with the new bitmap?