Smooth sequential running of movies

Hi
I am trying to run QuickTime animations of a ‘rat’ running up and down the individual arms of an 8 arm maze. I have created 8 animations (1 for each arm). I want to be able to select the number of arms seen by the participant (e.g. 2, 4 or 6 arms) in each trial and for the arms to be selected at random. My initial problem is getting the animations to run sequentially without a noticeable gap i.e. so the participant sees the rat running up one arm followed smoothly by another arm. At the moment when one animation stops and the other starts there is a noticeable flicker (on/off gap). I tried to solve this by creating a ‘blank’ animation showing the rat without the maze but presenting the maze in the background as a JPEG image. The problem with this is that when the JPEG is the first event with the setting to ‘Keep Stimulus Invisible’ it flickers on and off in the background. Is there any way I can stop this flickering or am I trying to get too much out of the system?
Thanks
Rossy

The “Keep stimulus Invisible” option will definitely cause a flicker. Unfortunately, we do not have a solution for this as of now.

Hi Monika
I have now resolved this by creating an intervening event that presents the blank maze with no ‘rat’ in between each of my movies. This event ends immediately and moves on to the next event i.e. the next movie. There is virtually no noticeable flicker now so I am happy!:slight_smile: